Friday, August 15, 2008

Poop on the Potty

We had a Poop party at Chuck E. Cheese on Monday night because Peyton finally went poop on the potty. We spent the weekend refusing to put on a diaper. I was worried that he might get constipated. He kept saying "I want to go poop in the diaper!" And at first I was very supportive and offered hugs and tried to make him laugh. At one point I offered to talk to his poop. I was telling it to come out. Then in a pretend voice I tried to tell him what his poop was saying. "Peyton, I want to come out. I want to go swimming in the potty. I want to get flushed down to the poopoo factory so I can play with all my friends. Peyton looked at me and very matter of factly said "Mommy, poop can't talk." Anyway, after watching him like a hawk all day saturday, he finally snuck off and put a pull up on himself, came out and announced that we should check him for poop. Little crafty guy. Sunday we raced and I brought out a little potty AND his little thing that you put on a toilet seat. He didn't have to go until we got home. Once we got home it all started again. More whining and complaining about wanting to poop in the diaper. Again, I tried to be supportive and now he was mad. He kept telling me that he wanted to smack me in the face. I told him he couldn't hit me in the face but he could hit my hand. So he tried that and still more whining about pooping in a diaper. By now I was over the whole thing. So as I was diong my Sunday evening tidy up of the house, I would just tell him "You're going to go poop on the potty." Then turn around and walk away. I was tired of discussing it. Finally, he was riding on his brother's new Batman tricycle and was so excited that a little bit of peepee slipped out. So I hurried him off to the bathroom and the next thing I knew I heard "MOMMY!" From the bathroom. I went to the door and asked if everything was ok and he said "I went poop on the potty!" Music to my ears. I was so proud of him!!! I ran in, gave him a huge hug, high five and told him he could have whatever he wanted. So he chose to have milk and 6 little cookies and Monday night he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese. I invited a few friends and he was very exctied that Ian and Erika showed up. He had a blast! So except for his nightime pull up staying on too long on Monday morning and then convincing Vanessa to put on a diaper Monday afternoon, he's been going poop on the potty all week!!!!

No comments: